Oil Painting Class with Ellen Armstrong of Ellen’s Atelier
March 18 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm| $45
Join Ellen Armstrong and paint a beautiful spring landscape! This will be a beginner’s class so you don’t need any experience or great artistic ability. Ellen will provide the drawing for you to transfer to the canvas.
Here is the list of supplies you will need (and approximate cost from Hobby Lobby):
- Master’s Touch oil painting kit, $13.00
- Palette knife (Master’s Touch #543959), $4.00
- 10” x 10” canvas (either 1 ½” profile or canvas boards that you can share with other classmates) 5/ $9.00
Also bring the following:
- jar for paint thinner (I will provide the paint thinner)
- something to mix the paint on – lid from large gallon tub of ice cream works well (this will also give you an excuse to eat that gallon of ice cream!) This can be any plastic surface that is at least 8”-10” in diameter
- paper towel
- wear clothes you don’t mind getting paint on – or bring an apron
- box to transport the wet painting home
The painting kit has three brushes and plenty of paint to finish this project. If you want to share a paint kit with a friend that will work but you will need extra brushes. Good brushes are important; if you’re going to buy them, I would suggest the Master’s Touch #10 filbert, #6 filbert and #18/0 script liner. But using the ones in the kit is fine.
If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail Ellen at: firstname.lastname@example.org